Re: New Apache License

On 2003-11-13 01:14:54 +0000 David N. Welton <davidw@dedasys.com> wrote:
But I wonder if you legal-eagles missed this part of Roy Fielding's
email:

Please be polite. If you are a member of that list and think this should be there, why have you not asked the members of it to look at the discussion d-l archives? I think the thread starting from http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200311/msg00053.html includes the queries and comments from all the authors you mentioned.

This is going to come up for a vote sometime soon, so it would be
courteous of you to do as asked and comment on the proper list.

Maybe *you* missed that this instruction was not clear in the announcement. It mentioned that the list exists (so what? We already have a good discussion list for this) and asks that ASF be told of concerns. It wasn't at all clear to me from the message that d-l subscribers were expected to use a different list for discussion, as long as someone let them know the outcomes. Ideally, that would be a maintainer affected by it, but I'll cc this to that list. Personally, I think it borders on discourteous to ask that we do not discuss it on our own list and join YAList.

Please cc me on discussion on that list, as I am not a subscriber.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at