Re: [fielding@apache.org: Review of proposed Apache License, version 2.0]

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:22:39PM +0530, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Brian M. Carlson said on Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 10:39:29AM +0000,:
>
>  > I'm not sure that this is even legal, at least in the US.
>
> Will you please clarify why??

I'm assuming you meant the copyright assignment statement, and
certainly, I will clarify. According to David Turner, IIRC, it requires
written paperwork for copyright assignment. Debian, though, usually
accepts emails as well, but not licenses that have default assignments.
This was a big deal with ReiserFS (search the archives for more info).

--
Brian M. Carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> 0x560553e7