Re: Packaging Swiss Ephemeris Free Edition for Debian GNU/Linux

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Alois Treindl wrote:

> I am afraid we have currently no time to deal with the legal details
> implied by your questions.
>
> In consequence, we find it simpler if you refrain from including Swiss
> Ephemeris at this time into a Debian distribution.

Oh well, I am sorry to hear that but I understand.  I will keep on
maintaining the package for my own benefit.  I have some improvements to
the Makefile I'd like to give you as soon as I've finished experimenting
with it.

[...]

> If you can help us with setting up a license which fulfils our intention
> and at the same time has no unclear points, you are welcome to provide
> suggestions.

Personally my suggestion would be to adopt the dual QPL/GPL scheme just
like Trolltech.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>