Re: Request for licence assessment: spellcast

On 2003-10-06 14:00:59 +0100 Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:

Would anyone care to comment on my interpretation, specifically to support
or rebuff my belief that this licence is not suitable for inclusion in
Debian?

I support your interpretation. As stated, the licence discriminates against profitable distribution. The clarification suggests that their intention was to create an anti-commercial licence, not to make it free software in the normal sense.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at
PM 8+9 Oct: visit me @ AFFS on .ORG stand, at www.linuxexpo.org.uk