Re: [OT] Debian developers (was Re: committee for FSF-Debian discussion)

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> That doesn't mean we regard people who were born British subjects as
> eligible for the office of president today.

Some such people are, of course, since one can be a dual national.
The requirement is that you be a natural born citizen, not that you
have no foreign allegiance in your past.  Indeed, now that dual
nationals are no longer required by US law to renounce one or the
other citizenship at the age of majority, it would be conceivably
possible for there to be a President who was simultaneously a citizen
of a foreign country.

Don't hold your breath though.

Thomas