Re: snippets

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:53:21 -0600, Barak Pearlmutter <barak@cs.may.ie> said:

> I wrote:
>> ... we won't go on a snippet witch hunt, but we also won't
>> encourage snippets or even really talk about them.  That would be
>> my preference.

> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> replied:

>> I fail to see how this [argument] substantially differs from the
>> one I already made:

> Well this is good.  So we'd agree that, as a practical matter, we
> should not file bugs about snippets, not worry about them, not talk
> about them, and just leave snippet-related issues to the discretion
> of individual package maintainers.  This is how I'd describe what
> we've done in the past, so if you think that is a continuation of
> current and historic Debian practice then we agree about that as
> well.

	I am glad that the two of you agree, but I am not sure how
 that makes a difference.  I am one of the people who originally
 ratified the social contract, and If I happen to come across a
 violation of the DFSG and the social contract, then that is a grounds
 for a critical bug; and grounds to have the so called snippet excised
 from Debian.

	manoj
--
We don't need no indirection We don't need no compilation We don't
need no flow control We don't need no load control No data typing or