Re: getting personalities out of the FSF-Debian argument

On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 02:38 US/Eastern, Bruce Perens wrote:

Were I in your place, I might consider retreating to debian-private

Many of the participants in this discussion on the 'Debian side' are not developers, as evidenced by the recent poll here. I personally fall into that category.

Debian has always prided itself on its openness; I object strongly to a change in that policy, as I'm sure many others will as well. Moving discussion about issues which are not "issues that may not be discussed on public lists" violates that openness.