Re: easier answer for changing a license of a unmaintained software

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> a tapoté :

> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 04:59:13PM -0700, Mark Rafn wrote:
> > Please don't forget
> > the original question: what minimal work must someone do to get an
> > upstream to relicense a work.
>
> Yes, and the original answer: get a digitally signed email and don't
> show it to anyone

Unfortunately this is a mistake.
It was: get a digitally signed email and don't include it in the
package itself.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200309/msg00203.html

> .  We're now discussing why that doesn't work.

Sure, when you invent the original answer, you can provide any
interesting statement about how it would not work.

> You need a public statement with many witnesses.

If you live in a country which accept the digitally signed messages,
you just have to follow your country rules. But indeed, a public
statement cannot be harmful.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: