Re: legalities of distributing debian pre-installed iso images.

Branden Robinson said:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 02:57:09PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>> Is it enough to write on the CD pocket or something such instruction
>> on getting the sources from any debian mirror, or something such, and
>> say that the modified sources are on CD #2 or something such.
>
> You either need to supply a written offer valid for three years, OR
> provide the user with the opportunity to collect a complete and correct
> corresponding source ISO at the time he receives the binary one.
>
> The user can *decline* the offer of a source ISO, and your obligations
> under the GPL will be met, as I understand them.

And, just to point out the obvious, The user would not be able to
_re_distribute the CD you gave out (under the terms of the GPL), unless they
took the source CD, or managed to create one of their own.

But that's not your problem.

--Joe