Re: Some licensing questions regarding celestia

Hi, MJ!

* MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> [2003-09-01 18:25]:
> On 2003-09-01 17:00:57 +0100 Mika Fischer <mika_fischer@gmx.net> wrote:
> >http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CombinePublicDomainWithGPL
> >indirectly implies that public domain code does not have to be marked
> >as such.
> Yes, as long as you are comfortable with the appearance of GPLing it,
> which most people are.

I then consider this "nice to have" but not essential. :)

> >No it isn't, I'm afraid.
> >http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation
> >only deals with code.
> Bah.  It also applies in general to all software.

Is data a subset of software?

> The start of the answer is unnecessarily specific to programs.

I'm just reluctant to apply my common sense to legal problems :)

> Anyway, 2 down, 1 to go.  Best of luck.

Thanks, but it's probably going to be a long way because of all the
user-contributed data...

Cheers,
 Mika