Re: [was A possible GFDL compromise] documentation eq software ?

On 2003-08-29 13:03:28 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> a tapoté :
>>> I'm a reader of this list and I'm pretty sure I never stated such
>>> belief. Am I the only one?
>> I'm a reader of this list and I'm pretty sure I did.  Add me to the OP
>> (whose name you trimmed) and you have plural, so the statement is
>> accurate.  What is the use of such hair-splitting?
> We does not express only the plural but the consensus.

1/ The statement that you were objecting to here does not use "we" at all, so defining "we" is irrelevant.
2/ The definition you quoted for "we" does not support your misinterpretation.
3/ Do not CC me if I do not ask for it!

> Please, can you point out a message sent by myself where I try "to
> impose my view on the majority"?

Please, can you point out a message sent by me where I said that you did?  I only advised you against persuing that line.

> My mail is an answer to someone that said that everybody thinks the
> GFDL as non-free. Which is not accurate. Nothing else.

The section of email you quoted in email timestamped 13:04:18 +0200 today did not say that.  You seemed to have misunderstood it.

[...]
> I'm even not sure whether it's a problem to have an invariant part in
> documentation. [...]

In Debian, it is.

> But we hit back the debate "is a software a book or not".

That's the wrong way round, and your edit to the subject line is misleading.  The question is "is a book [in Debian] software or not?" and the answer is "Yes, it is."  Those claiming otherwise have not yet given good reason for another answer.

No-one is claiming that documentation is a synonym for software, which I think is the normal translation for eq... maybe we should ask if you disagree that (member documentation software) is true if (member documentation things-in-debian)?

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at