Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:14:31AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> One of the main sticking points with the GFDL is the use of invariant
> sections, which may not be removed or altered (save for some very
> inconsequential exceptions.)
[...]
> What do people here think about that, and is there any indication if the FSF
> would be amenable to this change?

This is far from the only objection that this list has come up with
with respect to the GNU FDL, though it was almost the only one we were
publicly discussing about 2 years ago.

Please catch up on the archives of this list for the past year or so.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Of two competing theories or
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    explanations, all other things