Re: removing non-invaraint section from a GFDL doc

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 09:42:00PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello debian-legal,
>
> Suppose I remove all the non-invariant sections of a GFDL document that
> have some sections marked invariant.
>
> Are the invariant sections still secondary?
>
> If not, can I still distribute the resulting document ?

That's a good question.  Secondary sections cannot, I would think,
really be secondary if they're all that exist.

Just one of many problems the GNU FDL has.

I suggest asking the Free Software Foundation.  I'm not sure anyone in
the Debian Project is willing to engage in the conceptual contortions
necessary to give an answer that might be mistaken as sensible.

I warn you, though, the official reply will probably be something "why
would you ever want to do this?".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Optimists believe we live in the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    best of all possible worlds.