Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

Henning Makholm a dit:

> Do you mean by that that if I use an editor that does not have a
> save format that losslessly reproduces all of its internal state,
> then I can only distribute the output under the GPL if I also ship a
> revivable core dump of the editor?

Well, xcf does not reproduces all of GIMP internal states anyway ;)

But, the real question is, if you want to edit the image later, won't it
be prefered to have the xcf rather than the gif ?
If it's not, then the gif can surely be free.

--
"Blessed are those who sit on sharp things, for they shall rise high."