Re: Latest LPPL

Branden Robinson writes:
 > At first glance this looks really good, and probably satisfies the
 > DFSG.

I would appreciate if others (I think remember Walter and Mark) had some
concerns with the last version would take a look too. It is my believe that we
resolved all issues that have been raised, but after a year of work and
perhaps 1500 emails in total it would be nice if the result gets a clear
voting in the end.

Branden continued:

 > While reading over it I noticed some places where the wording
 > could be tweaked or tightened up (I even found a possible loophole the
 > LaTeX folks might want to close), but I'll defer that for a much closer
 > reading.

it would be nice to get your suggestions and comments for wordings. I intend
to make the license change status by next month since then there will be a new
release of LaTeX.

 > Thanks a lot; I greatly appreciate your patience and that of Frank
 > Mittelbach and numerous others in the LaTeX Project.

well, it wasn't that easy --- perhaps we all learned from it. My thanks go
formost to Jeff and additionally to everybody else who contributed in a
constructive way.

best
frank