Re: [RFC] Modification history as a source code

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> No, you should only provide the C source, because the binaries being
> distributed are those of the modified C program.  Once I've started
> editing the C program, I've made it unambiguously clear that this is the
> preferred form for modifications; just because the Pascal source exists
> doesn't mean I should have to distribute it.

So if I take a compiled C program -- say, something I got from Debian
but for which I do not have the source -- and run 'strip' on it, is
it the case that the unstripped binary is the source, and the stripped
binary the object?

The compiled binary is clearly the only possible form for the
modification I've just performed.

-Brian

--
Brian T. Sniffen                                        bts@alum.mit.edu