Re: Proposed: Debian's Five Freedoms for Free Works

Scripsit Adam Warner <lists@consulting.net.nz>

> A guideline of privacy could be read as a positive obligation that
> DFSG-free software licences protect against information disclosure.

How about, instead of "information disclosure", to speak about "forced
communication" or something like that? As I see it, the freedoms we
are speaking about here could all be described by

    It must be possible for me to enjoy the freedoms without
    communicating with anybody else but those whom I voluntarily
    decide to distribute the software to.

This would essentially equal the desert island / dissident test, but
without the fancy narrative.

--
Henning Makholm                                 "Slip den panserraket og læg
                                          dig på jorden med ansigtet nedad!"