Re: Proposed: Debian's Five Freedoms for Free Works

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:32:40AM +0000, Dylan Thurston wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20030612212135.GF24352@deadbeast.net>, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > 5) The freedom to retain privacy in one's person, effects, and data,
> >    including, but not limited to, all Works in one's possession and one's
> >    own changes to Works written by others.
> >
> > ... The point is that my usage of your Free Software does not
> > entitle you to access to or any rights in my improvements to your
> > software unless I distribute the Software back to you specifically.
>
> So do you intend to exclude the MPL with this?

If I were dictator of Debian's licensing policy, yes.

However, I am but one voice among many.

I think the MPL is an instructive case, given how Mozilla's own
licensing has evolved.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he