Re: [Antonello.Salvatucci@europe.lego.com: [Legousb-devel] Mindstorms SDK license]

Hi Rafael!

You wrote:

>   (iii) Any end-user applications developed by means of the SDK or parts
> hereof shall only be used for purposes that neither directly nor indirectly
> have any commercial implications; however, device drivers developed by means
> of the SDK or parts hereof may be included and sold as part of operating
> system distributions, as long as said operating system distribution is also
> made available to everybody for download, free of charge;
>
> How does this sound?

Quite non-free, unfortunately.  It voilates DPFG 9:

9. License Must Not Contaminate Other Software
   The license must not place restrictions on other software that is
   distributed along with the licensed software. For example, the license
   must not insist that all other programs distributed on the same medium
   must be free software.

Apart from this, for the program to be free, we also need to be allowed
to modify the program, which the above clause seems to forbid (or at
least, not explicitly allow).

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |