Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 05:57:20AM -0600, joemoore@iegrec.org wrote:
> In order to do this, I must maintain the invariant sections.
> These invariant sections (written in English) are unreadable to the
> Elbonians.
> I could also translate the invariant section to Elbonian, but as "everyone"
> knows, a lot gets lost in translation.

You're not normally allowed to translate Invariant sections.  From
GFDL 1.2, clause 8:

   Replacing Invariant Sections with translations requires special
   permission from their copyright holders, but you may include
   translations of some or all Invariant Sections in addition to the
   original versions of these Invariant Sections.

Richard Braakman