Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

    Is the FSF willing to dual-license manuals that previously had no
    invariant sections at all, such as _Debugging with GDB_, under the GNU
    FDL and the traditional GNU documentation license simultaneously?

I don't see a reason to do so, but I won't absolutely rule it out.

    Finally, would you consider a manual that used the GNU FDL -- or claimed
    to do so -- which marked a non-Secondary Section as Invariant to be
    Free as in freedom?

No, it is not free.  If any GNU package contains such a manual,
please send a bug report to the maintainers and CC me.

(I sent mail to the GDB maintainers to inquire about the GDB manual
situation, but I have not seen an answer yet.)