Re: [OT] Droit d'auteur vs. free software?

Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet <galactus@stack.nl> said:
>I suppose maybe Theo de Raadt could use his moral rights
>against people adding buffer overflows to his code, but
>otherwise it might be difficult to come up with this type
>of claim. You have to argue something that shows how your
>reputation is harmed.

You just gave a good example, but here's a better one:
RMS could use his 'moral rights' to prevent someone from
distributing a version of Emacs which could read and write Microsoft
Word files (file format being reverse-engineered).

How's that for a nasty, unpleasant scenario?

--Nathanael