Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

Scripsit Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

> > It also depends on your definition of 'free', of course.  What's
> > yours?

> What's the definition of free documentation?

There is no generally accepted accepted one. Do you have a proposal?
You do seem to have some working model of what *you* are willing to
consider free documentation, since you argue that the Emacs manual
should stay in main.

> GFDL permits this I think. But you have to keep the invariant section.

See the "reference card" case.

> I'm sorry I don't get it.

The point is that most people on debian-legal seem to think that the
DFSG is a reasonable test to apply to documentation, irrespective
of whether documentation and software are the same thing or not.

Can you offer any arguments why the DFSG is *not* a reasonable test to
apply to documentation?

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra