Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

David B Harris <david@eelf.ddts.net> writes:

>> I'm not asking Debian to include components in main. Those components
>> are already in main. I'm asking to keep in main GNU documentations.
>
> You're asking us to keep non-Free documentation in main. The difference
> between that and asking to "include components in main" is irrelevant
> and a lawyer's point.

Again, you do consider DFSG applies to documentation. If so, I agree
with you. But I'm personaly not convinced (yet) it should be.

>> RMS himself gave no hope to a near modification of the GNU FDL.
>
> I don't care what RMS may or may not do. Why do *you*? It is completely

Because it was RMS's reply that was quoted in the first message of the
thread, don't you recall?

> irrelevant to the discussion. All that matters is whether the licenses
> are Free, or not. It's that simple.

And also if we have a hope to see the license being modified.

> So, to sum up: I don't care what RMS may or may not be doing at this
> very moment. I don't care about your opinions towards GNU. The only
> thing I care about is whether the GNU Emacs documentation is covered by
> a non-Free license or a Free license.

No you don't care: you don't use Emacs.

--
Jérôme Marant