Re: [OT] Droit d'auteur vs. free software?

Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet <galactus@stack.nl>:

> So what you do to works I created could harm my reputation.

I could make a silly modificaton to your painting and avoid mentioning
that you created the original. This wouldn't harm your reputation.

Alternatively I could create a totally original silly painting and
claim you created it. This would harm your reputation.

So the concept of droit d'auteur being discussed seems nicely
orthogonal to the question of harming reputations. Perhaps this
"reputation" business is a red herring.