Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:52:16AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à James Troup <james@nocrew.org>:
>
> > jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:
> >
> > > As long as I am a GNU Emacs user, I object to see the Emacs manual
> > > going to non-free. Currently, it is provided by the emacs package
> > > and I'm able to read it from emacs itself as soon as the package
> > > is installed.
> > > So, from the user point of view, I don't see any benefit of moving
> > > it elsewhere.

> > Wow! You're so right! Let's get rid of this silly DFSG thing and move
> > all software to main, it'd be so much more convenient from a user
> > point of view!!  Yeesh.

> I'm talking about documentation which comes with free software from
> GNU. You deliberately removed the last part of my message, and that's
> make your reply even more trollish.

So does this mean I can include my shareware fonts and my
for-educational-use-only documentation in my next package upload?  The
software is free, so I guess it's ok to let these other things into main
along with it -- right?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer