Re: GFDL Freeness and Cover Texts

> > > They are also not enforceable in the US.
> >
> > Can you please provide a citation for this? I've never been able to come
> > up with one.
>
> This is what I know from Eben Moglen; I would ask him if he can give
> you more exact citations.  Also maybe look at the briefs that AT&T
> filed in the BSD v. AT&T lawsuit.

As far as I know, AT&T never addressed the issue in the BSD suit.
Berkeley did not raise the issue until the California state court
countersuit, which was not filed until shortly before the settlement
(with Novell). Besides, AT&T had no real argument on that point -- they
got their license to Berkeley Unix under a signed contract (which, as
far as I know, was how everybody got Berkeley Unix in those days).

Greg
(historical, not legal advice)