Re: PHP-Nuke License Conclusion?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:20:33AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:14:30AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

> > > I hadn't noticed any objections to my analysis,
> >
> > Well, good job then that you managed to reply to mine.
> > (Don't have the archive link with me right now, but will dig).

> The message to which I am referring is:

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00294.html

While I agree with that post in general, I don't think it's germane to
the case of PHP-Nuke.  The PHP-Nuke author claims that the requirement
to display the footer is built into the GPL (clause 2c); a license
clarification, however bizarre, is not the same thing as an additional
restriction.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer