Re: motion to take action on the unhappy GNU FDL issue

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:36:28PM -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I pulled it out of my files and reread it; the FSF's side of the
> agreement is a lot weaker than I remembered.  The actual text is
[...]
> Not one word about redistribution of modifications.  I don't think
> I have a leg to stand on with regard to the manual I already wrote.
> You can be sure I won't be assigning any future copyright interests
> of mine to the FSF on those terms, though.
>
> On a more pragmatic note, if I really made a stink about this, what
> would happen is cpp.texi would get rolled back to its state before
> I revised it, and would continue to be distributed under the GFDL
> with invariant sections etc intact; thus it would not get any Freer,
> and would be much less useful to its intended readership.

If you feel your trust has been betrayed, I think you should say so.
Insisting that your text be removed from the CPP manual is not the only
tactic at your disposal.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti