Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:34:54PM -0700, Alex Romosan wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:
>
> > You have turned the DFSG soundly on its head. In a world of
> > copyrights, all works are non-free *by default*; it is only if they
> > meet certain requirements, as detailed in the DFSG, that we consider
> > them free. Are you saying that the WHY-FREE op-ed piece should be
> > considered free because the DFSG doesn't say anything about opinion
> > pieces?
>
> _you_ have turned the DFSG on its head by taking something meant for
> software and applying it to non software.

Fine; under clause 1 of the Social Contract, we need to get all the shit
that isn't software out of Debian *right now*.

  # Debian Will Remain 100% Free Software

  We promise to keep the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution entirely free
  software.[1]

What part of the above don't you understand?

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract
--
G. Branden Robinson                |        Fair use is irrelevant and
Debian GNU/Linux                   |        improper.