Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:37:42PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Nobody I've seen is trying to change the DFSG, merely modify what we apply
> it to.  Since we need something to define what we consider free in the
> non-software field, the -legal beagles (heh) have gone with the DFSG for
> now.

Full disclosure: I've proposed changing the DFSG, and first did so years
ago, back in 2000 I think.

I haven't done anything about it, but I haven't totally given up on the
idea yet, either.  I'm mostly waiting for matters to be resolved on
debian-vote that have been queued up for almost 3 years.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You don't just decide to break
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Kubrick's code of silence and then