Re: Question regarding a LGPL program and closed-source plugin

* Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> [030502 20:30]:
> Scripsit Yong Li <rigel863@yahoo.com>
>
> > Upon running the chosen plugin(s) will be loaded into the
> > server's space through dlopen. Then the server will get pointers of
> > functions from the plugin and call them as certain events occur.
>
> > One of the plugins, arguably the only one that most people will be
> > interested, is binary only.
>
> This will prevent the server itself from being in main - but it can be
> in contrib.

I think the most likely used module is not so important. As long as
there is any real[1] plugin to use it.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

[1] By real I mean it is useful for any people at all.

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.