Re: Proposed statement wrt GNU FDL

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:33:21PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> RFC authors do it all the time, by issuing updates to existing RFC
> documents.  They say "Do it like this, except for this, this, and this".

This argument would suggest that any unmodifiable, freely-distributable
document is free.  You can reference *any* document in this way. It's
certainly not similar to software patches.  (And I believe many people on
this list consider the "patches" exception to have been an error.)

There's nothing free about being forced to do this.

--
Glenn Maynard