Re: VisualBoyAdvance license

<andy.grafham@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I've been looking into packaging Visual Boy Advance, a gameboy
> advance emulator. The package request indicated that it was released
> under the gpl, but on closer inspection it looks like the license is
> much more restrictive (and possibly too restrictive for debian)
> because it has a clause against commercial use. I would like to know
> if it will be possible to package this for debian, or if the license
> is too restrictive.

You should probably get a clarification from upstream of what license
the whole thing is really distributed under.  If different parts of
the program really are distributed under this non-commercial use
license and the GPL, any binaries are undistributable, even in
non-free.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu