Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

Leonardo Boselli <leo@dicea.unifi.it>:

> I add some notes on italian author rigfhts law: the right to integrity
> of work is -except for some works- inalienable.

I wonder what that means in the case of a work with several authors
and no identification of who wrote (and edited) each paragraph.

> So a license that
> would require "no invariant section" would be unforceable.

As would, presumably, any free licence. But that's not really an
argument against free licences. Instead we should look at what the
exceptions are to these inalienable rights and see if we can exploit
them. Having several authors might be a defence against legal systems
that are hostile to free literature.

Edmund