Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the F DL

 || On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:10:00 -0700 (PDT)
 || Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net> wrote:

 mr> Indeed.  Ensuring that Debian remains free is the primary reason
 mr> for this list's existence, and it can be an emotional topic.

True. All of us are probably feeling strongly about freedom.

The fact that Debian works so hard to do these questions justice is
one of the reasons that I have been so supportive of Debian in the
past.

 >> [...]  right now I need to set up a Free Software project with the
 >> European Commission, for which April 24th is the deadline.

 mr> Good luck with that, and I look forward to hearing from you
 mr> and/or other FSF representatives soon.

Thanks, lets hope this project comes through. If it does, I think we
can also expect Debian to benefit from it.

 mr> I hope it's not terribly much longer, as the current
 mr> semi-consensus is likely to congeal into an actual necessity to
 mr> remove un-free emacs documentation from Debian.

Are you referring to documentation under the GFDL? Why would that have
to be removed?

Regards,
Georg

--