Re: Debian Free Software License?

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:47:20PM +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> is there anything like a Debian Free Software License? A license that is
> modelled after the DFSG? For me as free software developer, that would be a
> nice to have. I couldn't find a discussion about something similar in the
> list archives. Is this worth a discussion?

	There are a sufficient number and scope of widely examined Free
Software licenses that we do not need to add to the confusion.

> Regarding the latest FDL
> discussion, would it be feasible to create a Debian Free Documentation
> License?

	It has been suggested that we write a license that we believe is
unambiguously Free.  It has also been suggested that we take this slowly
and try to get the GNU project to make the GNU FDL free.  This has not
yet been decided.

Simon