Re: Suggestion to maintainers of GFDL docs

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:40:49AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > * Why you shouldn't use the GFDL:: Debian doesn't recommend using this
> license.
> > And what if this new section listing reasons _not_ to use this license
> > were made...  invariant!
> >
> > If the FSF wants to give redistributors a soapbox, perhaps we should
> use
> > it.
>
> We already have a soapbox -- debian-announce@lists.debian.org and
> www.debian.org. We don't need to tie our opinions to technical
> documentation to have them heard.

Sure, but doing it this way might drive the point across a lot better.
These info files advertise this license to potential authors, so
having a rebuttal in the same place is effective.

Anyway, it's just an idea.  And it's up to individual package
maintainers anyway.  If we ever publish such a list, I might use it in
such a way.

Peter