Re: Revised LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL)

Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> writes:

> Except that you can't make GPL code validate with the LPPL validator,
> since the GPL and LPPL are not compatible.  So, since there's no danger
> that the code will be run through the validator and identify itself as
> "standard", the GPL satisfies 7a.  So the GPL is a valid license to
> relicense LPPL code under.
>
> (At least, that's my understanding.)

If that's the intention it should probably be made explicit.  I, at
least, would hesitate to rely on that if I wanted to incorporate some
LPPL code into my GPL project.

After all, maybe someday there will be a GPL implementation of latex
with its own set of files that are interoperable with standard latex.
Perhaps not intended to be used with standard latex, but they could
be.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>