Re: Revised LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Henning Makholm wrote:

> AFAIU, what the authors of the LPPL draft is trying to express is
> nothing more or less than
>
>   1. You must make your modified package output to the screen a message
>      that it isn't Standard LaTeX.

Would it be possible to use GPL wording for this?  The ability NOT to do
this when written for non-interactive use is important.

>   2. If the environment where your modified package is intended to be
>      used provides a documented standard way of emitting such messages
>      to the screen, you must use that.

I'll need more thought about this.  A requirement to use a specified
facility seems unfree to me at first sniff, but I could (yet again) be
reading too much into it.