Re: pdflib again

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> Not true.  Linking is considered modification by the FSF, so you need
> to accept the license to link the GPL'd software against a library.

Ok, even if I accept this interpretation (which I don't), I can still link
to whatever I want, because I can modify it in unfree ways.  I "accept"
the GPL, and am allowed to modify in any way I see fit under section 2,
but cannot distribute the result under section 3.

I'll also argue that linking is not modification, but not right now.