Re: Revised LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2003, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> However, I can also predict that that the LaTeX people will likely stand
> their ground in places.

Thank you for doing this, Jeff.  It would be great to have LPPL which
allows us to keep LaTeX in Debian.  I really wish it wasn't a matter of
"standing ground", but it doesn't appear that any of the non-free
requirements have been removed.  It limits filenames, programmatic
identification strings, and 5.a.2 provides an infinite amount of
additional unchangeable api.

This is a proprietary license, with some additional rights to modify
within a limited scope.