Re: Revised LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL)

Jeff Licquia said:
> I have attached a new working draft for the LaTeX Project Public License
> (LPPL) below.
>
> 10.  The Work, or any Derived Work, may be distributed under a
> different license, as long as that license honors the conditions in
> Clause 7a, above.

This clause confuses me.

Is this really saying that I can distribute The Work, or ANY Derived Work,
under any license I choose, as long as 7a (which is really just a pointer
to 5a, which says that if you're not the current maintainer, you must make
modifications sufficiently obvious) is satisfied?

For example, you could distribute The Work under a DWTFYW[0] license, plus
the condition that it never be distributed as files named pig.*

I'm curious what the reasoning is for this clause.

--Joe
[0]http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200209/msg00032.html