MySQL-OpenSSL linking, news by MySQL team.about licensing

Dear all

we have some news about #167747 which is potentially of interest
of all packages which links OpenSSL libraries and MySQL libraries.

MySQL libraries currently are plain GPL, NOT LGPL as someone thought.

Stay tuned.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine
--- Begin Message ---

Thanks for the note!

libmysql is indeed GPL licensed.  I will discuss the possibility of adding a
specific exception for OpenSSL with David Axmark.

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers!
--zak

--- End Message ---