Re: [Discussioni] OSD && DFSG convergence

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:10:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The Four Freedoms actually came well after the DFSG. According to
> web.archive.org, they seem to have been added to the GNU website sometime
> between December 1998, and April 1999.

That's interesting; I had no idea it took the FSF that long to
explicitly articulate this concept.

> Of course, you could say that the four freedoms always _were_ the basis
> of the DFSG, and we just didn't realise it at the time...

This seems plausible to me.  Geeks and hackers have a better feel for
the concept of freedom than the suits that have descended upon the
community in droves over the past few years.  (Money's good, but some
things shouldn't be for sale.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Mob rule isn't any prettier just
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      because you call your mob a