Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003, Russell Nelson wrote:
> The DFSG #3 doesn't require that modified versions be distributable
> under the same conditions as non-modified versions.

   3. The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must
   allow them to be distributed under the same terms as the license of
   the original software. [1]

Can you please explain to me how #3 doesn't require modified and
derived works to be distributable under the same terms as the
non-modified version?

The 'them' in this case clearly refers to the modified and/or derived
works which must be able to be distributed under the same terms as the
license of the original software.

Don Armstrong
1: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
--
"There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user
off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu