Re: CLUEBAT: copyrights, infringement, violations, and legality

Scripsit Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@free-expression.org>
> On Wednesday 29 January 2003 12:58, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > The right to be identified as the work's author,
> > etc., and the monpoly on copymaking, are two facets of the very same
> > legal concept, at least in Danish law and to the best of my knowledge
> > in EU law in general.

>     I could be wrong, but can't you distinguish the moral rights from the
> copyrights by which ones you can trade?

You're right. My point was that we have only one word to cover both,
at least until you begin to pick more nits than is normal even in
casual conversation about legal matters.

--
Henning Makholm       "`Update' isn't a bad word; in the right setting it is
                 useful. In the wrong setting, though, it is destructive..."