Re: License

Scripsit Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr>

> --  Disclaimer:
> --
> --  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
> --  documentation for educational, research, and not-for-profit purposes,
> --  without fee and without a signed licensing agreement, is hereby granted,

(Strange to put the license under a "Disclaimer:" heading...)

> So the software is clearly not DSFG compliant, but distribution is
> authorized not-for-profit. Could it go in non-free?

I believe so. (But it might be more constructive to try to convince
the author that their goals are furthered just as well by a free
copyleft license).

> Would there be something mandatory to do, like displaying the license,
> asking the user if he accepts it, ...?

No. Users are supposed to use non-free software at their own peril and
check licenses accordinaly.

--
Henning Makholm                         "This imposes the restriction on any
                                  procedure statement that the kind and type