Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> writes:

> Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> a tapoté :

> > > Something can be popular and also completely wrong.
> >
> > If you would have read the thread, or my opinions on 'open source'
> > versus 'free software' (consider this an exercise in Googling), you
> > would know *I agree with you*
>
> What difference does it make?
>
> You can agree with me about this subject and however present arguments
> that I consider pointless: for instance, what does it mean if an
> expression is popular?

Note the "if you would have read the thread". Apparently you don't
like coherent discussions and prefer to confuse the discussion with
completely irrelevant tangents and incoherent ramblings. The issue in
question was that RMS claimed that the term "Free Software" and the
Free Software Movement becomes increasingly invisible in the public,
being replaced by "Open Source". This was one of the reasons given by
him for the importance of non-free essays. Joe gave statistical
evidence that RMS is indeed correct in his perception of Free Software
vs. Open Source. Most of us don't agree with RMS' proposed course of
action in response to this, which is a different question. One more
hint: If you consider a discussion pointless, if you don't understand
what other people are talking about, why not just stay silent? I have
not seen any new arguments from you in the last several hundred
messages to this list, and it gets tiresome.

Lukas

P.S.: Please don't Cc me, I read the list. (And no, I don't intend to
set some particular header for this, it is list policy here.)