Re: Debian logo DFSG-freeness

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 01:40:43PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Now, I have no clue how US copyright and trademark law interacts with
> Sweden's trademark and copyright law... so a reasonable middle of the
> road approach might be to ask them nicely to consider changing their
> logo.

> Alternatively, we can completely ignore it and decide that their
> little site is so pathetic that it isn't worth wasting our time on.
> That's not really my call to make.

Note that under US trademark law, no use is so pathetic that it isn't
worth wasting your time on: if you're aware of an infringing use, and
you make no effort to enforce your trademark, this sets a legal
precedent that will come back to haunt you later when someone infringes
in a manner you *do* care about.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer